NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. “Us” or “We” (“the Company”) provides the free poker tournament sweepstakes ( the “Service”) to any person (“you” or “your”) who completes the registration process to become a member of the Service and is accepted by The Company to become a member on the following terms, which may be updated by The Company or its sponsors from time to time without notice to you.
BY CHECKING THE “I ACCEPT” BOX AND SUBMITTING THE REGISTRATION FORM OR ACCESSING, USING OR INSTALLING ANY PART OF THE SERVICE, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE AND CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST SELECT THE “I DO NOT ACCEPT” BUTTON AND YOU MAY NOT ACCESS, USE OR INSTALL ANY PART OF THE SERVICE. YOU MAY PRINT THESE PAGES FOR YOUR RECORDS.
1. METHODS OF ENTRY
You may play in any and all tournaments and we define our tournaments as:
- VIP Tournaments. Some tournaments with us are reserved forVIP members only. Entry into such tournaments is restricted to only those who belong to the VIP Membership Club prior to the start of the tournament. In some cases Basic Members can enter these VIP Member tournaments through on-site qualifiers which require a player to qualify by virtue of placement in other tournaments known as Qualifying Tournaments. All Basic Members may also obtain access to any and all VIP tournaments appearing on the site by completing the NO PURCHASE NECESSARY Alternative Means of Entry.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TOURNAMENTS WITH US. Please see Section 2, Mail In Entries, No Purchase necessary.
2. VIP CLUB MEMBERSHIP
BY JOINING THE VIP CLUB YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU ARE JOINING OUR POKER PLAYER BUYING CLUB AND PURCHASING ACCESS TO PREMIUM CONTENT NOT AVAILABLE TO OUR BASIC ACCESS PLAYERS.
- We charge a fee to access certain features and areas of the application and website. This access is deemed the “VIP Club Membership” access. VIP Club Members receive certain membership benefits and features including, but not limited to, no-ad game-play option *(see section 9 for no-ad game-play exemptions), custom avatar choices, online play and chat with celebrities, game-play observation mode that are not available to Basic Members. In addition to the above mentioned VIP CLUB benefits, VIP members will also be granted access to play in VIP Tournaments without the completion of the NO PURCHASE NECESSARY Mail-In Alternative Method of Entry.
- We reserve the right to change the fees or billing methods at any time. Notice of any change will be posted on our site at least thirty (30) days in advance of the change. You are responsible for reviewing the billing requirements of us to obtain timely notice of such changes. Continued use by you of the Service thirty (30) days after posting of the changes on our site constitutes acceptance of such changes. If you decide to cancel your VIP CLUB membership, we will not refund any fees accrued to your Account before you cancel. If your use of our services is subject to use or sales tax, we may charge you for any use or sales tax.
YOUR VIP CLUB MEMBERSHIP FEES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART FOR ANY REASON. BY JOINING THE VIP CLUB YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEE WILL BE CHARGED EVERY THIRTY (30) DAYS AND THAT YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO THIS CHARGE. THERE IS ONLY ONE (1) FOURTEEN (14) DAY FREE TRIAL PER ACCOUNT. FOURTEEN DAY FREE TRIAL ACCOUNTS THAT ARE DOWNGRADED TO BASIC PRIOR TO THE END OF THE FOURTEEN DAY PERIOD WILL NOT BE CHARGED A MEMBERSHIP FEE. FOURTEEN DAY FREE TRIAL ACCOUNTS THAT ARE DOWNGRADED TO BASIC PRIOR TO THE END OF THE FOURTEEN DAY PERIOD FORFEIT ANY REMAINING DAYS ON THE TRIAL PERIOD. NON-USAGE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE CANCELLATION OF A VIP ACCOUNT. FOURTEEN (14) DAY FREE TRIAL ACCOUNTS THAT ARE NOT DOWNGRADED TO THE BASIC MEMBERSHIP PRIOR TO THE END OF THE FREE TRIAL WILL BE CHARGED THE MEMBERSHIP FEE AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE CHARGED THE MEMBERSHIP EVERY THIRTY (30) DAYS UNTIL THE VIP MEMBERSHIP IS CANCELLED.
3. ELITE MEMBERSHIP
BY JOINING THE ELITE MEMBERSHIP YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOU ARE JOINING A PREMIUM CONTENT AREA. JOINING THE CLUB DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING A PRIZE NOR DOES IT PROVIDE YOU WITH ACCELERATED OR ENHANCED GAME FUNCTIONALITY THAT WOULD EXPEDITE YOUR WINNING A PRIZE.
4. MAIL IN ENTRIES: OFFLINE, NO-PURCHASE-NECESSARY, ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY
You may receive access to all VIP tournaments by using an alternate method of entry (AMOE). By using the AMOE you will receive access to all VIP tournaments but NOT access to the other premium non-contest, non-prize related services provided to VIP members. Use of the AMOE will provide a basic member with the exact same chances of winning a VIP tournament prize. Purchase of VIP membership will not improve your chances of winning. To Use the AMOE follow these instructions:
- Register with us as a Basic Membership player and download and install the poker software; and
- For each thirty day period that you want to participate in VIP tournaments, send a 3 inch x 5 inch card on which the player has legibly handwritten the player’s screen name, First and Last Name, Complete Mailing Address (e.g. Street, City, State, ZIP code), Email Address, Date of Birth, and the thirty day period in which the player would like to participate (one thirty day period per card) in mm /dd /yyyy format. The card must be placed in a #10 envelope, and mailed to ZEN Entertainment / AMOE, 9101 West Sahara Ave, Suite 105-B33 Las Vegas, NV 89117, United States. No photocopies, reproductions or facsimiles of the 3 inch x 5 inch card are allowed. Limit: 1 card per envelope.
- Entries must be received no earlier than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the thirty day period in which entry is requested and no later than seven (7) calendar days prior to the thirty day period in which entry is requested. We shall not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, mutilated or postage-due mail.
- The odds of winning any prize will be the same by mail-in entry as by online subscription membership in the VIP CLUB. The odds of qualifying through a qualifying tournament will be the same by mail-in entry as by online subscription membership in the VIP CLUB, and all participants entering through this means will be accorded equal opportunities to participate and win in events and prizes held on our sites and chances of winning will depend on the number of entrants.
- AMOE entries are only processed Monday through Friday 10am to 4pm PT.
5. GENERAL RULES
This promotion is void where prohibited by law. Open only to individuals who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. All prizes are awarded AS IS and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) by Sponsor. General Prize Restrictions: Prizes will be sent to the address on file at the time your prize is won. Please be certain to keep your address up to date. All prizes, including prizes shipped outside of North America, will be sent via US Postal Service with the appropriate international postage (where applicable). We assume no liability for non-deliverability. All cash prizes will be paid in U.S. funds via check or alternate payment. Residents outside the US and Canada are advised to play only in cash tournaments and are NOT eligible to win merchandise or other prize tournaments. Please note that all international citizens are subject to an automatic 30% tax withholding. By playing for a prize that includes travel to a foreign country, you acknowledge that you have a valid passport, may be required to obtain a Visa, and must meet any and all eligibility requirements for entry into that country or You will forfeit the prize in its entirety. Be advised many countries also require the visitor have no criminal record. We are not responsible in the event you are denied entry into the destination country or re-entry into the U.S. or any other country of origin. The prizes are not assignable or transferable. No cash equivalents of the prizes identified herein, or substitutions, will be allowed except in the sole discretion of the Provider, who may substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Provider reserves the right to cancel the Tournaments (or a Tournament) for any reason. In the event that a Tournament(s) is cancelled or postponed for any reason whatsoever, the ARV of the prizes will be awarded to the extent required by law. Provider also reserves the right to remove from or to deny entry to the Tournaments to any entrant who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive conduct, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person participating or involved with the Tournaments. WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYMENT OF ALL TAXES ON THE PRIZE(S). PROVIDER WILL PROVIDE ANY REQUIRED TAX REPORTING FORMS TO THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE. PARTICIPANTS WHOSE YEAR-TO-DATE PRIZES REACH OR EXCEED $500 IN VALUE WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A VALID IRS W-9 FORM BEFORE THEY CAN RECEIVE THEIR PRIZE. WINNERS WHO DO NOT RESPOND TO SUPPORT@ZENENTERTAINMENT.COM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE INITIAL CONTACT E-MAIL WITH THEIR COMPLETED W-9 FORM WILL FORFEIT THEIR PRIZE. Employees of us, their representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, and suppliers involved in this promotion, their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are NOT ELIGIBLE. Notwithstanding the above, a company or individual that registers with us for the sole purpose of referring traffic to us is eligible to play and win prizes. Winners of Tournament buy-ins are required to comply with all rules of the tournaments that they enter with the buy-in provided by us. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted except that a Tournament buy-in winner unable to attend the designated tournament may substitute a cash prize equal to one half of the buy-in in lieu of the buy-in. Site may be taken down periodically, without warning for site maintenance. During this time you will be unable to participate in Qualifying Week Play. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification. Prize winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form, and if legally permissible, Publicity Release, within 10 days of attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification in which case an alternate would be selected. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Sponsor not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected mail/e-mail, or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor not responsible for any damage to any participant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these official rules. Sponsor may also suspend and/or block users playing and/or chat privileges for conduct deemed, at sponsor’s sole discretion, detrimental to the site. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s email account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the promotion or disqualify entrant if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the security, fairness or integrity of the promotion as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to provide any player with automatic entry into any tournament requiring qualification, even if player may not have otherwise qualified for such tournament. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. In the event we are prevented from continuing with the promotion or the integrity and/or feasibility of the promotion is severely undermined by any event beyond our control, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within our control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), we shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion without any further obligation. If we, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the promotion as a result of a Force Majeure event, a notice will be posted on-line; we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to award the prizes in a random drawing from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event, providing a sufficient number of entries are received. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winners agree to hold Sponsor and its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of any prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, these official rules shall prevail, govern and control.
a. You are subject to the laws of the country, state, city or other legal entity (collectively “Jurisdiction”) in which you reside and/or from which you access the Site. Residents of Oklahoma and Mississippi are not allowed to participate in this poker contest. Access to the Site may not be legal for some or all residents of, or persons present in, certain Jurisdictions. It is your responsibility to determine the law that applies in the applicable Jurisdiction, and we do not make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of your participation in the free poker tournament sweepstakes, or that materials on this Site are appropriate for use in your Jurisdiction. We do not intend that the Site be used by persons present in Jurisdictions in which the playing of card games for free or entering sweepstakes may be prohibited or restricted. You agree that the Site does not constitute an offer, solicitation or invitation by us for the use of any service in any Jurisdiction in which such activities are prohibited or restricted. You agree that, and we assert that, we shall not have any responsibility under any laws in any Jurisdiction, other than the state of Nevada in the United States. We further reserves the right to require you to provide proof that you are eligible to participate and win prizes in the online poker tournament sweepstakes prior to payment of any winnings or prizes. We also reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to refuse service and access to any potential participant.
6. VIP CANCELLATION
You may cancel your VIP membership at any time by clicking the Account tab in the application and then clicking Edit Membership; selecting the Basic membership option will cancel your VIP subscription. Cancellations are effective immediately and there are no refunds in whole or part for any unused portion of a VIP membership.
Effect of Cancellation
Once we receive your notice of cancellation, your access to our site will remain in effect. Your account will be re-assigned to a ‘Basic’ Membership account. You may re-institute your VIP membership at any time by clicking on the ‘My Account’ tab and choosing the Edit Membership Button. There is only one (1) fourteen (14) day free trial per account.
Your fee will be automatically charged to your credit card. BY JOINING THE VIP CLUB YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEE WILL BE CHARGED EVERY THIRTY (30) DAYS AND THAT YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO THIS CHARGE.
7. HERE’S HOW TO REGISTER FOR TOURNAMENTS AND HOW TO RECEIVE 4,100 LOG-IN POKER POINTS FOR EACH DAY DURING QUALIFYING PLAY
NOTE: Poker Points do not have any monetary value.
- In order to participate in the Tournaments you must register. To register go to our site, click on the Play Now button and click Register on the game screen. Follow the on-screen entry instructions.
- You will receive 4,100 Log-In Poker Points each day when you log-in. If you do not log-in on any day during a day, you will not receive 4,100 Log-In Poker Points for that day.
8. HERE’S HOW TO RECEIVE BONUS POKER POINTS FOR EACH DAY
Immediately following registration/log-in you will have the opportunity to receive Bonus Poker Points to increase your point total. In order to obtain/earn Bonus Points you must complete one or more of the Bonus Point Activities. All Bonus Point Activities can be accessed through the link posted on the web site. Not all bonus point activities will be available on all days.
- DAILY LOGIN: Login in daily to get 4,100 Bonus Poker Points
- PROMO CODES: You will either receive a code that can be used or you will receive a clue that will allow you to find the code. To redeem a Promo Code, login to the client and click on the ‘Get More Points’ tab and then “Promo Code” tab. Once you enter a valid code, you’ll instantly receive your bonus points. No purchase necessary.
- REFER A FRIEND: When you refer one or more of your friends and family to us, you can receive 5,000 points. For each person you refer, you must provide a name and unique valid email address. Each person you refer will then receive an email invitation with a link to register and sign up on our site (subject to the eligibility requirements set forth in these rules). If a person you refer clicks on the link in the email invitation and subsequently submits a valid registration, you will receive 5,000 points on the day he/she registers and plays in a poker tournament. Privacy: Any email address you provide through the ‘Refer a Friend’ program will be used only to send an email message on your behalf and will be kept strictly confidential. We never rent, sell or disclose any of the information you provide us.
- DAILY TRIVIA: By correctly answering the Question of the Day, you will receive one increment of bonus points. Bonus point values may range from 250 to 10,000 points on any given day. The trivia question may include hints to help you find the answer. Each day, you will only have one opportunity to answer the question correctly. If an incorrect answer is entered, you will NOT receive any Bonus Points via this method and you will not be able to enter another guess. *Note – There is only one question of the day for each calendar day.
- SPECIAL OFFERS: Periodically, we may allow you to earn bonus points by completing an offer through one of our select merchants. For details click the “Special Offers” tab under Get More Points. Participate in one or more of the listed offers by clicking on the link and completing the required steps in the offer. Every offer is different and pays out points accordingly. By correctly completing an offer, your account will be credited with the bonus points after we receive verification of offer completion from the merchant. This verification could take up to 72 hours. Offers may not be available on all days.
- SURVEYS: By completing an online survey in its entirety, you will receive one increment of 1400 points. You will only be permitted to complete up to one survey per day. The number of surveys may be limited. Once you complete all available surveys, you may not have the opportunity to take additional surveys unless/until they are created. Surveys may not be available on all days.
- BANKROLL: The Bankroll is a detailed description of every point transaction. As you participate in games and bonus point activities during the week you will gain and lose points accordingly. Your current Bankroll will always be listed at the top right hand corner of the poker lobby window.
10. GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES
- All tournaments will begin at the time designated in the tournament details, which may be found in the Client lobby.
- Each player will be assigned a seat and he/she may not change his/her assigned seat.
- Players may un-register from a tournament up to the time it starts or until the tournament has reached capacity.
- There is a deal for the dealer button at the start of the tournament; high card plays the button for the first hand. The button moves in the conventional clockwise manner so that no player receives the button twice in a row. Occasionally, a player may get the dealer button without having played in the blinds due to other players being eliminated (this commonly occurs in online tournaments due to technical software issues). This may happen to any player during the course of a tournament and therefore creates no long-term advantage.
- If a player registers for any tournament and is not present at the table (in Post and Fold mode) for approximately 10 minutes (depending on the tournament), the player will be removed from the tournament and no buy-in will be refunded.
- If two (2) players should be eliminated simultaneously, the player with the largest number of chips at the beginning of the hand will be designated as having finished higher. It is impossible for two (2) people to be eliminated simultaneously when going heads up at the final table. If two (2) or more players should be eliminated simultaneously with the same amount of chips at the beginning of the hand, these players will tie and split the prize amount awarded to all places affected.
- When a tournament is down to the last two (2) players, the button will post the small blind and be first to act in the initial round. The big blind will then be first to act in the following rounds. The tournament finishes when one (1) player has won all the tournament chips and is declared the winner.
- Any play deemed unethical by us in its sole discretion (including, without limitation, team play, soft play or chip dumping) will result in the applicable player(s) being disqualified from the tournament.
- As players are eliminated over the course of a tournament, tables will be consolidated to keep a full complement of players. Players may be forced to post the blinds when arriving at a new table. Table reassignments are a natural part of tournaments and apply equally to all players.
- Players and observers are asked to use the chat function in a friendly and considerate way. Collusion will not be tolerated and discussion of live hands is strictly prohibited. Players in violation of this rule will have chat privileges shut off and may be disqualified from prize winnings. Please see our Chat Code of Conduct for more information.
- Internet issues may cause server interruptions and we will endeavor to limit such interruptions during a tournament, but we do not assume responsibility for any such problems. In the event of a player disconnection, player will be put into post and fold mode and we will allow extra time for the disconnected player to reconnect in the later rounds of a tournament. If a player chooses to sit out or is unable to reconnect, he/she will still have cards dealt to him/her and will automatically post blinds and antes. Players that are unable to reconnect during the allotted time will have their hand automatically folded.
- Parental Control. Parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available and may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to those under eighteen (18) years of age, or the legal age to participate in the tournament sweepstakes in the applicable Jurisdiction, whichever is higher.
- We are pleased to offer the Vobo and ZEN audio enabled games at no charge to the players. Long Distance telephone charges may apply to access the service depending on your telephone plan provided by your phone service provider. You must be at least 18 years of age. U.S Residents Only.
11. PRIVATE SPONSORED TOURNAMENTS AND PRIZES
From time to time we hold private or sponsored tournaments. These tournaments may have their own rules so please read carefully before joining to assure your eligibility. For example: All Nevada casino tournaments that have prizes that are redeemed in Nevada are restricted to players 21 years of age or older. In private tournaments, sponsors may use our platform to offer prizes to our audience or their own invited audience. While we do everything in our power to ensure that the sponsor promptly and accurately fulfills their intended prize, we cannot be held responsible for any sponsors who do not comply. In addition, a sponsor may require players to take an offer or other action that requires either time or monetary consideration. Us and sponsors will always provide a free alternative means of entry. Player must see the official rules for each tournament for AMOE entry rules.
Featured Offer Tournaments: Earn your invitation to our special Featured Offer Tournaments by completing a select offer located on the Get More Points Page, Daily Offer and/or banners around the game application. To enter, Click the link to take the featured offer, either via the Get More Points page, banners or the Daily Offer. Complete the full details requested in the offer with valid information to be eligible to enter the tournament. Bonus Points and an invitation for the corresponding Featured Offer Tournament will be awarded to your account within 30mins. – 24 hrs. after offer completion is validated after which time you will be able to login & register for the tournament located in the Tournament Lobby. No Purchase necessary. Please see below for more details.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER FEATURED OFFER TOURNAMENTS. Send a 3 inch x 5 inch card on which the player has legibly handwritten the player’s screen name, First and Last Name, Complete Mailing Address (e.g. Street, City, State, ZIP code), Email Address, Date of Birth, and the TOURNAMENT NAME and TOURNAMENT DATE in which the player would like to participate (limit one tournament entry per card) in mm /dd /yyyy format. The card must be placed in a #10 envelope, and mailed to ZEN Entertainment / AMOE, 9101 West Sahara Ave, Suite 105-B33 Las Vegas, NV 89117, United States. No photocopies, reproductions or facsimiles of the 3 inch x 5 inch card are allowed. Limit: 1 card per envelope.
Prizes that include International Travel: By playing for a prize that includes travel to a foreign country, the player acknowledges they have a valid passport, may be required to obtain a Visa, and must meet any and all eligibility requirements for entry into that country or they will forfeit the prize in its entirety. Be advised many countries also require the visitor have no criminal record. We are not responsible in the event you are denied entry into the destination country or re-entry into the U.S. or any other country of origin.
For all prizes: There is no cash equivalent for any prize, prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of any value for any reason as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all expenses not specified in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, any taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. If a prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from Administrator, as determined by Administrator at its sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible top tournament finishers at Administrator’s sole discretion.
PRIVATE SPONSORED TOURNAMENTS AND VIP CLUB MEMBERS: While one of the features of VIP Membership is to play without rotating ads, this feature is NOT available if a VIP selects to play in a Private Sponsored Tournament. In these cases the sponsor, not us, controls the ad inventory and VIP members who wish to play in these tournaments agree to have the ad rotation turned on.
12. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES
Cash prizes are valued as the amount of the prize. IMPORTANT: Winner of any live tournament buy-in will be required to wear our Branded shirt and cap (which will be provided by Sponsor) for the entire duration of their participation in their events. Additional, winner will not be permitted to wear/carry any unacceptable clothing or adornments displaying any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, slogans, political, personal and religious statements) as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Failure to comply with this or any other official rule will result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. Travel Expenses ARE INCLUDED in certain tournament buy-in prize packages. Air, hotel, ground transportation, meals and all other expenses maybe the sole responsibility of the winner.
LIST PRICE (ARV.) is the suggested retail price provided to us by our suppliers and/or sponsors. We make no representation that a substantial number of these products have been sold or offered for sale at the list price. Actual retail prices in your area may be substantially different. Because we award our merchandise on a national basis, it is not possible to know if our merchandise is sold at list price in any particular location or at any particular time.
13. PRIZE FULFILLMENT
A prize is deemed to have been won when a player meets all eligibility requirements as set forth herein, and the prize is shipped to the registered address of that player and the prize is received by the player. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in voiding of the prize. If a prize is not claimed, or if the winner is ineligible or does not provide eligibility verification, then the prize will not be awarded. All winners are presumed to be ineligible until they are verified. Prizes not redeemed within ninety days of the date of winning will be deemed to have been won by an ineligible player and the prize voided. The winner of each Tournament will be awarded the prize(s) identified on our prize page. Prizes may be virtual for use only in the Services or they may be “real.” Approximate retail value of each prize(s), if any, is listed in the announcement and on the prize page next to the corresponding prize. All prizes are awarded AS IS and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) by Sponsor.
General Prize Restrictions: Prizes will be sent to the address on file at the time your prize is won. Please be certain to keep your address up to date. All prizes will be sent via US Postal Service with the appropriate postage (where applicable). We assume no liability for non-deliverability. All cash prizes will be paid in U.S. funds via check or alternate payment.
Special Provisions for residents living outside of the U.S. : We restrict merchandise prizes to U.S. Residents ONLY. Residents outside the US are advised to play only in cash tournaments and are NOT eligible to win merchandise or other prize tournaments. Please note that all international citizens are subject to an automatic 30% tax withholding. By playing for a prize that includes travel to a foreign country, you acknowledge that you have a valid passport, may be required to obtain a Visa, and must meet any and all eligibility requirements for entry into that country or You will forfeit the prize in its entirety. Be advised many countries also require the visitor have no criminal record. We are not responsible in the event you are denied entry into the destination country or re-entry into the U.S. or any other country of origin.
The prizes are not assignable or transferable. No cash equivalents of the prizes identified herein, or substitutions, will be allowed except in the sole discretion of the Provider, who may substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Provider reserves the right to cancel the Tournaments (or a Tournament) for any reason. In the event that a Tournament(s) is cancelled or postponed for any reason whatsoever, the ARV of the prizes will be awarded to the extent required by law. Provider also reserves the right to remove from or to deny entry to the Tournaments to any entrant who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive conduct, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person participating or involved with the Tournaments. WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYMENT OF ALL TAXES ON THE PRIZE(S). PROVIDER WILL PROVIDE ANY REQUIRED TAX REPORTING FORMS TO THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE. PARTICIPANTS WHOSE YEAR-TO-DATE PRIZES REACH OR EXCEED $600 IN VALUE WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A VALID IRS W-9 FORM BEFORE THEY CAN RECEIVE THEIR PRIZE. WINNERS WHO DO NOT RESPOND TO SUPPORT@ZENENTERTAINMENT.COM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE INITIAL CONTACT E-MAIL WITH THEIR COMPLETED W-9 FORM WILL FORFEIT THEIR PRIZE.
a. United States Federal Tax Regulations requires that you complete and return IRS Form W9 and that we issue you a Form 1099 at the end of each calendar year if you have won prizes totaling $600.00 in that year. However, you remain solely responsible for paying all taxes in accordance with the laws that apply in your state, province, and/or country of residence.
b. As with our cash prize tournaments, users are responsible for applicable income taxes for merchandise prizes. Either the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price, or our prize acquisition price, or our discretion, will be used in determining the estimated cash value of such prize/s.
c. Non U.S. residents will be subject to back-up withholding for federal income tax purposes at 30%. Winners will be required to provide such documentation as the Federal Income Tax Regulations require.
ZEN Entertainment reserves the right to declare void any prize for any reason including but not limited to collusion, automated entries, or misrepresentations. ZEN Entertainment also reserves the right to order repayment and/or return of any prizes it deems to have been won fraudulently as well as any previously won prizes.
ZEN Entertainment reserves the right to require a prize winner to assume shipping costs if the prize winner’s prize is returned to ZEN Entertainment for any reason and the prize winner requests that prize be resent to the prize winner.
The following is a list of tournaments available on the ZEN Entertainment Network. ZE reserves the right to add and delete tournaments at its sole discretion.
- SINGLE TABLE TOURNAMENTS: SCHEDULED SINGLE TABLE TOURNAMENTS (STT) VS. SIT N GO TOURNAMENTS (SNG)
Single Table Scheduled Tournaments are one table tournaments that start at a set time. Single-Table Non Scheduled Tournaments (a.k.a. Sit N Gos) begin as soon as all players are seated at a table. These tournaments are always available when the poker room is open and award points or tokens.
We offer a variety of Single Table Tournaments all located in the Tournament Lobby under the FASTCASH and WIN TOKENS tabs. In Sit N Go tournaments, all players begin with an equal number of chips. The stakes (antes and blinds) increase over time. Players are knocked out of the tournament as they lose all of their chips to other players. The winner is the player who eventually ends up with all of the chips on the table. The entry fee (a.k.a. Buy-In) for a tournament (i.e. 1,000 Poker Points per player) is multiplied by the number of players (i.e. 10) to determine the total prizes awarded (in this case 10,000 poker points). For example, in a ten player tournament, first place receives 50% of the points (i.e. 5,000) with second and third receiving 30% and 20% respectively. Other Sit N Go tournaments may award Tokens which can be used to buy-in to FASTCASH Sit N Go or FASTCASH Single Table Scheduled Cash Tournaments.
There are three types of single-table tournaments offered:
A. Sit N Go Step Tournaments
Sit N Go Step Tournaments are a way for players to win tokens to play in FASTCASH tournaments (See sections B & C for FASTCASH). Players can start by registering for free at Step 1 or wager their player points to buy directly in to higher steps. Each step consists of 6 player Sit N Go tables that start as soon as 6 players are seated. There are currently 9 steps available with each step increasing in token value as players approach step 9. Tokens are awarded in steps 3 through 9 while invites to higher steps can be won at any level. Players who win step 9 will be invited into a monthly “Step 9 Winners Monthly $1,000 Freeroll.” Sit N Go Step Tournaments are located under the ‘WIN TOKENS’ tab in the Poker Lobby. By collecting tokens, players can buy-in to FASTCASH Sit N Go and Single Table FASTCASH Scheduled Tournaments for a chance to play in 3 different sized FASTCASH Tournaments; Heads Up, 6 player tables or 10 player tables, to instantly win cash. More details on these tournaments including payouts can be found below or in the light box by clicking the promo bar of the tournament lobby.
B. Sit N Go FASTCASH Tournaments
Sit N Go FASTCASH tournaments allow players to play in 3 different sized tournaments; Heads Up, a 6 player table or a 10 player table, to instantly win cash. FASTCASH Sit N Go tournaments begin as soon as the total number of players needed for the game to start are seated. The table size and payout description can be found in the tournament lobby by clicking details. Unlike Multi Table Cash Tournaments, FASTCASH tournaments only allow players to buy-in with tokens and not player points. FASTCASH Tournaments also have a NO-Limit prize pool meaning there is no limit on the amount of cash given away daily in these tournaments. Sit N Go Cash Tournaments can be found under the FASTCASH tab in the poker lobby. Players can win tokens to enter FASTCASH Tournaments by playing in the 9 steps of the Sit N Go Steps Tournaments located under the WIN TOKENS tab (See section A for more details).
C. Single Table Cash Tournaments (STT)
Scheduled Single Table FASTCASH Tournaments allow players to play in 3 different sized tournaments; Heads Up, a 6 player table or a 10 player table, to instantly win cash. Unlike Sit N Go Cash Tournaments, the Single Table Cash Tournaments start at a scheduled time with a set number of players needed for the tournament to start. (Ex. $10 Cash Scheduled at 2pm ET, 10 players needed to start) This requires exactly 10 players to start a $10 Single Table Cash Tournament. If the Min/Max is not met, the tournament will be cancelled and all players will be refunded their Tokens. This structure allows players to plan the time they play as opposed to waiting for a Sit N Go table to fill in order for the game to start. Unlike Multi Table Cash Tournaments, Single Table Cash Tournaments only allow players to buy-in with Tokens. Single Table Cash Tournaments can be found under the FASTCASH tab. Players can win tokens to enter Single Table Cash Tournaments by playing in the 9 Sit N Go Steps Tournaments located under the WIN TOKENS tab.
2. MULTI-TABLE TOURNAMENTS
In a Multi-Table tournament, there can be multiple tables of players with a maximum of 10 players per table. In a multi-table tournament, players start with a fixed number of chips and compete for one another’s chips as the blinds and/or antes increase incrementally. Players are knocked out of the tournament when they lose all of their chips to their opponents. As players are eliminated, remaining players are re-assigned to seats on other tables to keep tables as full as possible and even with one another in terms of total chips per table. Eventually, the last few surviving players with chips are assigned to the final table, where the eventual winner is the individual who wins all the chips from his or her opponents. The tournaments on this site award points and/or prizes to the top finishers. In tournaments awarding points, the total points awarded is equal to the entry fee (in points) per player multiplied by the number of players participating. These points are then awarded as indicated in the tournament detail screen. Our Multi-Table Tournaments begin at a scheduled time and begin after a 10-20 minute check-in period (depending on the tournament). To play in our Multi-Table tournaments, login to the poker application and click on the Tournaments Tab to display our various Poker Rooms and a list of the available Tournaments in each room. To register for a tournament simply click on the red Register button for that tournament. Each tournament has entry conditions. To register for a tournament, you must meet that tournament’s entry requirements. If you click on a tournament, the Tournament Details section of the screen will give you more specific entry information. Entry Requirements can be Point buy-ins, Token buy-ins, entering in a password (PWD), or meeting profile based criteria (i.e. membership level, affiliate association, gender, or age) before you can play.
There are several types of multi-table tournaments offered:
- Multi-Table Cash Tournaments (MTT)
MTT Cash Tournaments are located under the FEATURED tab in the Poker Lobby. There are different cash tournaments offered for different Membership levels. Tournaments for VIP Members only are labeled as VIP Tournaments available under the Featured tab and limited to certain affiliates.
- Multi-Table VIP Tournaments
VIP Tournaments are located under the FEATURED tab in the Poker Lobby and are for VIP Members only. Tournaments for VIP Members only are labeled as VIP Tournaments in the Tournament Name, Tournament Icon and Tournament Details.
- Multi-Table Prize Tournaments
Prize Tournaments are located under the FEATURED Tab in the Poker Lobby. There are different Prize tournaments offered for different Membership levels. Tournaments for VIP Members only are labeled as VIP Tournaments.
- Multi-Table Qualifier/Steps Tournaments
Multi-Table Qualifiers and Steps Tournaments are designed to allow players to win seats in a bigger tournament. Players can win point valued invites in these tournaments to allow buy-ins to a selection of Cash and Prize tournaments located under the Featured tab. A multi-table tournament can have several Qualifiers that players may enter to win a seat at the bigger event. Qualifiers are also located under the FEATURED tab in the Poker Lobby. Select qualifiers require that you enter a password (PWD), Membership level or meet profile-based criteria (i.e. gender or age) before you can play. Click on details to get the full information that pertain to a particular tournament.
- Multi-Table Championship Tournaments
Championships are located under the FEATURED Tab in the Poker Lobby. Championship Tournaments allow players to either win their invitations by playing qualifiers or by earning points to buy-in to the Championship directly. To buy-in directly to the Championship, extra Points can be earned under the GetPoints Tab or my earning an invitation by finishing at the top of the corresponding qualifier. Once you earn an invitation to a particular championship, you must log on to the Poker Lobby and register for that championship in order to play. Click on a tournament to get details on the Invitations and/or Passwords that pertain to a particular tournament. The Prize or Cash amount you can win depends on how well you place within the tournament standings. Some Championship tournaments award Cash while others award Prizes. Players who win Cash or Prizes must meet age verification requirements and be eligible to win the prize based on criteria described in the tournament lobby.
- Multi-Table Sponsored Tournaments
Private sponsored tournaments are held where individual brands promote and awarded prizes to the tournament winners. Entry Requirements for Sponsored Tournaments can be point buy-ins, entering a password (PWD), or meeting profile based criteria (i.e. membership level, gender, affiliate association or age) before you can play. These tournaments can be found under the FEATURED tab. Multi-table Sponsored tournaments can also have several Qualifiers that players may enter to win a seat at the final Championship event. Select qualifiers require that you enter a password (PWD), Membership level or meet profile based criteria (i.e. gender or age) before you can play. Click on a tournament to get details for that pertain to a particular tournament.
15. SPECIAL EVENT TOURNAMENTS
These tournaments can be found under the Featured Tab. Special Event Tournaments fall into one of three categories:
1. Invitation earned through qualification- You must play and finish in the required qualification round to earn an invitation to the championship round. Those who qualify for the championship must still login to the poker lobby and register for the select championship tournament. Check-in times for all multi-table tournaments vary but are usually 10-20 minutes prior to the start time of the tournament. You must have registered and checked in prior to the tournament start time or you will lose your seat in the tournament.
2. Invitations for private tournaments - certain sponsors may run tournaments for their own members. These may be closed tournaments and it will not be possible for most players to play in these events.
3. Invitations granted by completing a Sponsor Offer – In some tournaments, you can automatically be invited by taking advantage of advertiser offers on the site.
Alternative Means of Entry for Advertiser Tournaments: Participants may also enter these Sponsor Offer tournaments by legibly printing their first and last name, address, city, state, zip code, tournament description, tournament time and e-mail address (if applicable) on a 3 inch x 5 inch card and mailing it to: ZEN Entertainment, “Invitation Tournaments”, 9101 West Sahara Ave, Suite 105-B33 Las Vegas, NV 89117, United States. Participants may NOT submit more than one valid entry per tournament request. No photocopies, reproductions or facsimiles allowed. Requests must be received 72 hours prior to invitational tournament start time. We are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or postage due mail. All entries become the sole property of us and none will be returned.
16. OTHER TOURNAMENTS AND PRIZES
We reserve the right to add, subtract and/or modify the prize tournaments at any time. For example, tournaments offering merchandise may be added in addition to, or instead of other cash tournaments. Changes to the tournaments being offered will be posted on our site in the tournament lobby under the tournament prize description.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 18 or older to join the club and/or play Online Games. All prize claims are subject to verification. Restrictions apply. See Terms and Conditions for official rules, restrictions and prize descriptions. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.